Pathways to Work (PtW, SLPET)
Gain practical work skills and experience in Australia with the Settlement Language Pathways to Employment and Training (SLPET) program
Extra help to work in Australia
Clients who are enrolled in the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) are also eligible for the ‘Pathways to Work’ (PtW, SLPET)program.
Pathways to Work is an opportunity for AMEP clients to gain work skills and valuable local work experience in Australia.
The program is also known as Settlement Language Pathways to Employment and Training or SLPET.
The program offers:
- 140-160 hours of in-class learning
- 40-60 hours of work experience
- Industry-specific training
- Resume writing
- Interview support
- Nationally accredited training
You’re eligible for a Pathways to Work (PtW, SLPET) course if you:
- Are enrolled in the pre-employment English stream
- Have studied in the AMEP in the past 12 months
- Have completed more that 383 hours of the AMEP or have reached ACSF Level 2 in Learning, Reading, Writing and Oral Communication
- Have not reached vocational English (ACSF Level 3 in all skills)
If you do not meet the above eligibility requirements, you can still study with us! Visit here for find out more.
We offer courses to help you access a range of career options, including customer service, childcare, beauty, hospitality, aged care, administration, sales and marketing and warehousing. Find out more with our course flyer here.
If you’re ready to make the next move to jump start your new career, speak to your teacher or call 1300 798 111.
You can download an enrolment form here.
What you will learn
The Pathways to Work (PtW, SLPET) program offers you training in a variety of vocational areas, such as:
- beauty industry
- customer service
- aged care
- office administration
- sales and marketing
- warehousing and RF scanning
Student Success Stories
*The Pathways to Work (PtW) program is part of the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) and is funded by the Australian Government. The program is also known as the Settlement Language Pathways to Employment and Training (SLPET).