AMEP at School – Build Your School Community
A free* tailored program for Refugee and Migrant Parents and Family members to enable increased participation in your school and community.
This program will include specific skills development such as:
- Language, Literacy, Numeracy and Digital skills development for school communication
- Understanding newsletters, emails, student reports & parent-teacher interviews
- Integration with other parents and community members
- Preparation for the Australian Citizenship test
- Specific education and employment needs of the parents & family members
Your school community will benefit by parents learning about school-year specific information including:
- Transition from primary to high school & subject selections for Years 9 – 12
- Sporting events, participation & extra curricula activities
- Working with school counsellors
- Purchasing of resources and IT equipment
- Understanding the school app, messaging and reporting absences
- School immunisation program importance and consent
|English for Parents and Family Members
|Ongoing throughout the school year
|Learners can join at any time!
|3-5 hours of study per week
|Onsite at your school
|Free* childcare available, call for options
- This program is part of the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP). The AMEP is available free to migrants with a permanent visa or an eligible temporary visa, as well as Australian citizens who previously held a permanent visa or an eligible temporary visa.
- If you do not qualify for free study, you can still learn through this program at a very low cost. Contact Navitas Skilled Futures for details.