Contact us

AMEP Childcare

Enjoy the freedom of on-site childcare while you study 

Free childcare while you study

If you have young children, you can still study with us. We work with a childcare company called KU Children’s Services to offer you free* childcare while you study with Navitas Skilled Futures.

If you are enrolled in our Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) and have children aged under six, we have safe, friendly places to care for your children.

Fun and learning for children, too

Going to a childcare centre while you study gives your child a great chance to learn new skills, improve their English and meet new friends.

There are lots of other reasons childcare is a good idea, including:

  • Children have fun and learn more about Australian culture
  • Your child can meet other children from different backgrounds
  • Your child can learn skills for when they start school
  • You will learn about childcare and the school system
  • You can get advice about your child’s education
  • You can meet other parents and make new friends

How does our free childcare work?

First, the KU Children’s Services team will talk to you about a place for your child while you study the AMEP course.

A few things to note:

  • You may not be able to get a childcare place immediately as some childcare centres have waiting lists. However, we will get you a place as soon as possible
  • You can only use the childcare under your free* AMEP course while you are in class. You cannot use the childcare if you are sick or not attending the course
  • Please let the childcare centre know as soon as possible if your needs change

*Eligibility criteria apply. The Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs.