Learn in class, and on the job
We know it is important to have local experience to get the job you want. That is why some of our programs include work placements to help our students get started in their careers.
You will be placed with an Employer in the vocation of your choice for a short time to help you learn skills needed for work. We have helped hundreds of people get new skills for their CVs and find jobs this way, and we can help you too.
More about our work placements and work experience:
- Navitas Skilled Futures has a database of over 1,000 employers to find you the right placement
- we work with both large and small businesses, including big names like Coles, Bunnings, Big W, Best and Less, Electra Cables, IKEA, Woolworths, Myers, Western Sydney University and CORE Community Services by matching you with the right employer, your placement will suit your skills and needs
- special advisors will support you during your work placement
- you can learn more about the Australian work culture
- you can get local references that can be easily checked
- you have more chance of getting a great job.
Other Support Services
If you have young children, you can still study with us. We work with a childcare company called KU Children’s Services to offer you free* childcare while you study with Navitas Skilled Futures.
At Navitas Skilled Futures, we know it is not easy to find a job and feel at home when you cannot speak English. That is why we can talk to you in your own language.
Our Volunteer Tutor Scheme is designed to help migrants and refugees who cannot attend our AMEP classes, or who need extra learning support.
Work placements are where you work somewhere for a short time with real bosses, in real companies. We have helped hundreds of people get new skills for their CVs and find jobs this way, and we can help you too.
While we make sure our lessons are interesting and fun, we do a lot more for young people than just sit in a classroom. We focus on how young people learn best.