Grow, Move & Make:
New Youth AMEP Innovative Project
This new and exciting 12-week AMEP course will give you opportunities to identify, explore and network in major industries in Australia.
Grow, Move & Make
Intake open for 17 July 2023 start!
During this AMEP Innovative Project course you will learn about and experience the following industries:
- Horticulture and Landcare – parks and gardens, nurseries, florists
- Transport and Logistics – transport, warehousing, delivery
- Construction – handywork, labouring, maintenance
- Learn about these industries first-hand by going out and visiting work, study and community spaces around Sydney.
- Experience study in Higher Education in Australia by completing short courses for a license or certificate in each industry area.
- Develop your employment and social skills as you network with workers, volunteers, and community members in these spaces.
- Improve your English in real life settings – in a plant nursery, in a warehouse, at a community centre or on a train.
This program is ideal for individuals between the ages of 16 to 28 who require support in learning English while also acquiring valuable employable skills. Upon completion of our 12-week course, participants will gain solid skills and knowledge to apply for gardening, transport and logistics, and construction work and study. With a time commitment of 20 hours per week, our program is designed to provide comprehensive training while allowing participants to balance their other commitments. Childcare can be provided for eligible students.
20 hours per week
This course will give you the necessary skills and confidence to:
- Plan your future employment pathways
- Choose further study goals towards your chosen career
- Participate in community – volunteering, community events and everyday life
- Use the public transport system and travel to and from all parts of Sydney
- Use everyday services in the community
During this course you will get:
- Many visits to different community, commercial and government workplaces and services
- A free set of basic PPE including work shoes, hat and gloves for use in different workplaces
- Free public transport for all excursions
- One-on-one career guidance
- Help with creating a resume and other job seeking skills
On successful completion of the course, you will also get:
- Micro credentials in three industry areas:
- Horticulture: AHCNSY201 Pot up plants & AHCPGD202 Prepare and maintain plant displays
- Transport: TLIF0025 Follow work health and safety procedures – Blue Card
- Construction: CPCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry – White Card
25 points per week
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to develop your future career and study pathways. Join our AMEP Innovative Project today and get a head start on your journey towards a fulfilling and sustainable career in horticulture, transport or construction.
*The Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) is funded by the Australian Government.